November Research Breakthrough encounter
From Sunday, November 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST, the Research Breakthrough encounter will be Togetic.
- From Friday, October 23, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT to Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST, Darkrai will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- From Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST, a “familiar Pokémon” will be returning to five-star raids.
- From Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, November 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST, Terrakion, Cobalion, and Virizion will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- Stay tuned for more details on the featured Raid Boss that’ll be in five-star raids from Tuesday, November 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST!
Each week in November, there’ll be a Raid Hour event on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. local time featuring that week’s five-star Raid Boss.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
In the month of November, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. local time, and each hour will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020: Cubone will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020: Jigglypuff will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020: Meowth will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 24, 2020: Barboach will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
More exciting events and feature updates
Look forward to a Limited Research event happening on November 28, 2020! The featured Pokémon will be announced at a later date.
Soon, you’ll be able to see more information about the Pokémon you’ve come to know and love! For example, if your Pokémon hatched from an Egg, you’ll see which type of Egg it hatched from. If you caught your Pokémon in an encounter after a raid, you’ll be able to see more details about that raid, such as whether it was an EX Raid or a Mega Raid, or whether you battled in the raid remotely or in person. You’ll also see whether you met your Pokémon in a special encounter, such as in an encounter after GO Battle League win, in a Research Breakthrough encounter, or in a surprise encounter after you take a snapshot. You’ll even be able to see whether you caught your Pokémon during one of our ticketed events, like Pokémon GO Fest!
We’re also updating when Trainers will receive Special Research lines released in the past so that it is not overwhelming for new Trainers. For example, instead of receiving multiple Special Research lines after completing the A Mythical Discovery Special Research, Trainers will receive them later after they make more progress with the Special Research lines they have. This will not affect any Trainers who have already received all of the past Special Research lines.