The second Limited Research event will take place on February 23/24, 2019 and will feature the debut of the water-type Pokemon Clamperl.
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India: February 23, 2019 – 10am to 1pm UTC
- The Americas and Greenland: February 23, 2019 – 11am to 2pm PST
- Asia-Pacific: February 24, 2019 – 12pm to 3pm JST
The event will feature:
- Limited Research tasks at Pokestops that will award Clamperl encounters
- Double catch Stardust for water-type Pokemon
- Water-type Pokemon will appear more frequently in the wild
Clamperl is a Pokemon from the Hoenn region. In the main games, it evolves into Huntail when traded holding a Deep Sea Tooth or into Gorebyss when traded holding a Deep Sea Scale. In Pokemon Go its evolution will be random, just like Wurmple.
Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss
I am certainly excited for the release of a new Pokemon, I just hope the Limited Research tasks are not as tough and time-consuming as the ones featured on Feebas’ Limited Research. It is a new Pokemon so it will be fair if the tasks are challenging. Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss are three of the five Pokemon that remain unreleased from Generation 3. The other two are Kecleon and the mythical Pokemon Jirachi.
Remember that you can obtain a Research task during the event hours and complete it at any time to obtain Clamperl. Work together with your fellow Trainers and identify where the Clamperl tasks are. Stack difficult tasks together and complete them at once for faster rewards. You will need a few Clamperls because the evolutions will be random. Good luck!